This one-day long workshop is dedicated to Floorwork.
I will present the concepts and tools I have been using and developing in my practice and teaching in order to promote the ability to flow smoothly and efficiently on the floor.
The day will alternate between moments of practice, exploration and theory.
- The "science" behind the fluidity and the gliding patterns of contemporary dance and the explosivity of low acrobatics.
- Deconstructing movement via the GATES model and structuring the path towards improvisation.
- How the adult-brain works in the learning of new movements, and how to make the most of it, especially for people with little or no background in artistic movement practices.
- Fundamental biomechanics for acrobatics and how to program the physical and mental preparation accordingly.
- Organic vs linear acrobatics, and how to keep the momentum alive in a flow.
- Failing while flowing and how to deal with it
- Aesthetics-oriented vs feeling-oriented training
What to bring:
Please bring a pen to take notes if you feel like it. Prepare food and water for the breaks/lunch. There will be a 90 min lunch-break around 1pm.
We will start at 10 and end around 5.30pm.
Early Bird tickets (sold until the October, 31st): 140 EUR
Standard tickets: 165 EUR
Regulars can contact me directly to claim a discount.
To book your spot and find more information, please refer to the following page: http://vincentvis.com/the-flooreio-workshop